My husband and I got married last February 2013 after eight (8) years of being committed to each other. It has been our long-time plan that I will stay with him in the UK after getting married. After having my Visa application approved, I hurriedly booked a flight and decided to leave my very nice job in the Philippines and go on full housewife status. One of the compelling reasons is our desire to have a child (or two). I really can't wait to become a mum!
But leaving my loved ones in the Philippines was the most difficult thing. I was having mixed emotions then as I will be getting out of my comfort zone and venturing the unknown. The most painful was leaving my parents behind. But I guess they know that this day would come. I cried a river when they left the airport. I miss them so!
Now, I am here in the UK being all housewife-y to my husband who is working as a nurse in one of the nursing homes here in Harrogate.
From being a lawyer in a government agency in the Philippines to being a full housewife in the United Kingdom will surely be a bumpy and exciting life for me. All I have to do is to enjoy the ride and scream at times.
xoxo,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment